Growing up, squash made me wrinkle my nose. But now I’m overcoming my fears and discovering how fantastic spaghetti squash is.
Based off recipe by Laa Loosh: http://laaloosh.ziplist.com/recipes/1341007-Spaghetti_Squash_and_Cheese
- 1 medium sized spaghetti squash, cooked
- 1/4 cup gluten-free flour
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup lactose-free or almond milk
- 1 cup veggie broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Butter a medium sized casserole dish
- In a medium sized sauce pan, melt butter and then whisk in flour. Reduce heat to medium, and stir constantly. Then pour in the milk and broth and raise heat to medium high. Continue to whisk constantly until mixture begins to thicken, about 3-4 minutes.
- Once sauce is thickened, remove from heat and stir in the cheddar and Parmesan cheese, stirring constantly until cheese is completely melted. Season cheese sauce with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, place cooked spaghetti squash strands in it, and pour cheese sauce over top. Sometimes squash vary in sizes. Make sure it’s well mixed without being runny (this will make for mushy left overs!). Then pour into casserole dish and bake in oven for about 20 minutes, until squash is heated through and bubbly. Serve immediately.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Serving size 1 cup, 6 servings