I was really excited to see how moist and fluffy this turned out! It has a sweet and mild nutty taste. It’s not too tough to make either.
- 2 cups flour (a recipe below)
- 2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- ½ cup butter, heated
- ½ cup sugar- I used powdered maple syrup (from Trader Joe’s)
- 2 eggs
- 3 bananas, mashed
- ½ tsp pure vanilla
- 2-3 tbl almond butter (depending on how strong you want it. My hunch is that this helps make it so moist)
- optional: small handful of chia seeds
- Heat oven to 325 F
- In medium size bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt.
- Large mixing bowl: mix butter and maple-syrup sugar.
- Add eggs, mashed bananas, almond-butter and vanilla, mixing until well blended.
- Gradually add dry ingredients
- Pour into buttered (or greased) pan and bake approx 65-75 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on rack and enjoy!
Hand-mixed bread flour:
- 1 part white rice
- 1 part brown rice
- 2/3 part potato starch
- 1/3 part tapioca
you could even add almond flour to this if you want an especially nutty flavor. I found some at WinCos for super cheap, but usually it’s expensive.
-Mix by Bette Hagman, The Gluten-Free Gourmet Cooks Fast & Healthy.
-Recipe based off Namaste “Best Banana Bread”