Mmm mmm. I’ve got a bad cold and I can still taste this one. Sweet, nutty and soft. I’ll be eating this for dessert and as a snack this week!
- 1 3/4 cup GF mix (I’ll share the one I use below)
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds, chopped
- mixed: 1 egg + 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup sugar (I used maple syrup powder and a bit of honey)
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- small handful of Chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray or butter loaf pan (approx 8.5 X 4.5 X 3).
- Toast nuts: Sprinkle in shallow pan and place in oven 7-10 minutes or until slightly browned. Chop until fine.
- In a mixing bowl, blend the flour, xanthan gum, salt, baking powder, soda and chopped nuts (and optional Chia seeds)
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs and then add the sugar. Then mix in applesauce. Pour in the flour mix and stir until well blended.
- Spoon the batter into the pan and bake 45 to 50 min. or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool a bit and enjoy! Wrap airtight and store at room temp.
My Gluten-flour bread mix (must be stored in fridge):
- 1 part white rice flour
- 1 part brown rice flour
- 2/3 part potato starch flour
- 1/3 part tapioca flour
Based off recipe by Bette Hagman, “The Gluten-Free Gourmet Cooks Fast and Healthy”