A real feel good meal by only the best, Mama Adrian Sowers.
30 min prep, 30 min bake
- Broccoli, chopped, 1 1/2 cup
- Brown rice (pre-cooked) 2 cup
- Chicken, chopped (pre-cooked) 1 cup
- Almonds (handful)
Sauce: (depends on how cheesy/creamy you like. These ingredients should total about 1- 1 .5 cups sauce to have a medium to sufficiently creamy covering)
- 1/2 -3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4-1/2 cup onions
- 1/4- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbl gluten-free flour
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Wash and steam broccoli until tender (5-10 min)
- Layer a pre-sprayed or buttered dish : rice at the bottom, chicken, then broccoli on top
- Meanwhile, make the cheese sauce. I like to do this impromptu- meaning that I am flexible with the amount of ingredients with keeping the goal of thick sauce. Pour vegetable broth onto a pan (enough to cover the surface), add onions, and cook on med-low until sweet. Now you’ll need the flour. It will want to lump together, especially around the onions, so be sure to mix it well with the broth. This will thicken the broth. This will take some time, but have a little extra flour handy in case it isn’t thickening enough. Lastly, add the cheese, and mix thoroughly.
- Pour cheese mix on top. Sprinkle with almonds, salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes, covered.