Can’t get enough coffee in your life? I’m taking this to the next level. Get excited.
*gluten free, paleo
Easy make! about 15-20 min prep, 20-25 min bake
This recipe also inspired a random dance party. As you can see, Laura and I were excited.
*1 tbl freshly ground coffee (or espresso powder)
*1/2 cup maple syrup/sugar
*1/2 tsp salt
*4 large egg whites
*you might also like 1-2 tbl of almond butter or apple sauce for moistness
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease/line 2 baking sheets. Mix the flour, coffee, sugar, and salt together in medium size bowl.
2. Meanwhile, roast a handful or two of almonds in a sprayed pan (approx 5-10 minutes, until toasted). Cut into small pieces. Set aside.
3. Now the eggs- Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites until stiff (fluffy and lifts upward).
4. Fold dry mixture into the egg whites. Mix until well blended.
5. Here’s my favorite part! Roll the dough into small balls, then roll in the chopped almonds. The dough is sticky, so might like to first dust in flour.
6. Set on cookie sheets. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
Based on recipe by http://www.healthygreenkitchen.com/gluten-free-coffee-almond-cookies.html
Props to Lisa for letting me borrow her pro camera!