Mak’n banana pancakes (like Jack Johnson)
It’s raining outside, and these are the perfect, cozy Friday night snack.
Not to mention alongside some good books.
*gluten-free, paleo, vegan
- Makes about 12 medium size pancakes
- Prep: 15-25 min, Bake: 5-15 min (depending on thickness of cake and pan size)
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup almond or rice milk
- 2 tbl olive oil
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 3/4- 1 1/3 cups mashed, ripe bananas (about 3. This all depends on how sweet and thick you want it)
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk the milk, oil and vanilla.
- Stir in dry ingredients just until moistened. Add bananas.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls (or even 1 tbl spoonfuls) onto a buttered/sprayed pan. Turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup or honey if you desire.
Yield: 12 pancakes.
Based on recipe by: