It’s the end of a long week of part-time job and house hunting (Craigslist and I need to take a break from each other this weekend, I’d say). I’m in the mood for some breakfast for dinner, and WOW, I love how these turned out!
Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Vegetarian
Makes 10-12 medium sized cakes, 20-30 min prep, 6 or so minutes per cake to cook (depending on size)
- 1 cup of each veggie: shredded zucchini, chopped potato, onion, and yellow squash (about 1/2 of a squash, zucchini, 1 potato, 1 med-small onion)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup gluten-free all purpose flour (my mix below)
*This recipe may also be easier to double (instead of having halves of veggies left over)Instructions:
- Boil potato until soft but firm
- Meanwhile, chop onion and squash, and shred zucchini. (Leave the dark green skin on- it’s healthy and adds flavor)
- Chop softened potato. Then add all ingredients together, with eggs and seasonings in a large mixing bowl.
- Spray/butter large pan or skillet. Heat over med-high, then reduce after hot to med-low. Drop mixture by 1/4 cupfuls. Cook about 3 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- 1 part white rice flour
- 1 part brown rice flour
- 1 part tapioca flour
- 1 part almond flour
- xanthan gum (measure according to total amount of flour. For this recipe I’d use about 1/4-1/2 tsp)
Inspired by “Potato-zucchini pancakes w/ warm corn salsa,” a recipe by The Gluten-Free Bible