Mmmm… there are few things I’ve loved more this month than tea, friends, and a cozy-up book on a rainy night. And tonight I was able to add a simple carrot cake to the mix. Score!
Thanks to Juli @ PaleOMG for this recipe! (her pic below as well)
- 2 large carrots, finely shredded
- ⅔ cup almond butter
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 35 grams (or 1 heaping scoop) Formulx Vanilla Whey Protein Powder (or 2 tablespoons coconut flour if you do not eat use protein powder)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup raisins
After debating, I decided to include this recipe in “Something Sweet,” but it isn’t very sweet without something extra on top. I’d highly recommend fresh raspberries, jam, or almond butter.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Shred carrots as thin as possible. Place in large bowl.
- Add almond butter and eggs and mix well.
- Then add honey, protein powder, cinnamon, baking powder and salt and mix well.
- Fold in raisins.
- Grease an 8×8 glass baking dish with coconut oil, pour batter into the dish and place in oven. Bake for 35 minutes or until the top of the cake has a nice crust to it.
- Let cool before cutting.