These have been my favorite snack to grab n’ go this month! And my coworkers at Amai Day Spa love eating them too! They’re moist and melt in your mouth. And might I mention guilt-free?
Thanks to Danielle Walker @ Against All Grain. Here is her original recipe: http://againstallgrain.com/2012/04/24/almond-flour-zucchini-bread/
- 1-1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- (Although other flours may substitute, almond is essential for the moist yet light texture)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½-1 teaspoon ginger
- 3 eggs, beaten (or 2 eggs, with 1/4 cup of warm coconut oil)
- ¼ cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 ripe banana or 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 cup shredded, unpeeled zucchini
- 1/2 cup zucchini & 1/2 cup carrots shredded is also delicious!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- I mix everything in one big bowl to avoid extra clean up. First, whip eggs with a fork, then add in other WET ingredients. Stir until well mixed.
- Add the DRY ingredients over the wet, and stir only the top layer of dry ingredients gently. I find that doing this slowly mixes in the spices, salt, etc into the flour well enough.
- Mix all together thoroughly. I find a large spoon or spatula works great.
- Spray or grease: 2 mini loaf pans, 1 big loaf pan as needed. I like to use coconut oil. 12 muffin tins work great for on the go- my favorite!
- Bake for 30 minutes or until clean toothpick poke.