Flavorful & melt-in-your-mouth! An easy recipe, because YOU choose the flavors and outcome. It’s like making a mixed salad– dump it all in a big bowl & stir.
- 1 packet (1-2 lb organic) ground beef
- 2 eggs
- Approximately 1/3 cup flour (I prefer almond)
- Salt & pepper to taste
YUMMY EXTRAS ~choose all or some
- Chopped tomatoes or plain organic sauce (1/3-1/2 cup)
- 1 zucchini, shredded
- Freshly chopped basil to taste (I love about 3 tbl)
- Oregano to taste
- Sweet or red onion finely chopped (1/3 cup)
- Add all the extras in a big bowl first! Beef must come last. I’m able to whip the eggs around with the other ingredients pretty easily, and then I stir everything with a spoon.
- Don’t add beef yet! Spray or oil a large pan (avocado or coconut oil work great and don’t spoil in high heat). Set oven for 350 degrees F
- Now for the squishy hands-on part. Dump the ground beef into the large bowl and mix it with the other ingredients with your hands. When everything is thoroughly mixed, you may begin making balls! It’s a lot like making cookie dough balls, except that you don’t have to space them as far apart. The consistency should be wet but NOT runny. You should be able to mold a ball in your hands without any trouble of it breaking apart. If so, you have too much sauce…add in some thickeners like flour. (This may alter the amount of spice you need as well.)
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes. Meatballs should be a warmly toasted color, cooked inside, but not dark. All of the fat will ooze out of the meat, so don’t be surprised by the appearance of the pan! The meatballs will separate from easily from the fat with a spatula. It’s also generally easy to scrape the fat off the pan.
- Enjoy! Great with red sauce and parmesan cheese. You can also serve with pasta or a side of veggies! I really enjoy this recipe because the meatballs are tender and break apart easily for eating.