A pie for two! Spring is finally here and I’ve discovered the perfect little dessert for a sunny day in the backyard.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 cup butter, melted
- 1-2 tbl honey or maple syrup (it will be very sweet with 2 tbl)
- 1/2 tbl vanilla extract
based off of recipe by http://www.elanasprantry.com
*double ingredients to make a standard pie size.
- 8 oz strawberries
- About 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1 tbl cocoa powder
- honey to drizzle
- handful of almond slices
- cinnamon to sprinkle
- Preheat oven for 350 degrees F.
- Combine ingredients for dough in a bowl, mixing dry first. Then stir everything together with a spatula or spoon. Should be thick and easy to mold.
- Press dough inside a pre-sprayed or oiled baking dish. The one I used is 7 x 5 ” inner and oval shaped. The dough covered this very well. You could use a small, circular pie pan as well. This dough will NOT cover a 10″ diameter dish. I’d recommend doubling the ingredients for that.
- Slice strawberries.
- Pour coconut cream into pie dish about 1/2 the way up. Sprinkle cocoa powder on top.
- Fill up the other half with lot’s of strawberries 🙂
- Sprinkle cinnamon, almonds, and drizzle honey on top to taste (and a dash of salt if you prefer)
8. Bake for 6-15 minutes. Crust should be a golden toasty color.