This has been one of favorite recipes lately with my grad-school schedule. We all have those days that we need something delicious and quick! This also makes 3-4 servings!
You just need…
- 1 crockpot or pressure cooker.
- Takes about one hour in a pressure cooker. Let it marinate in a crockpot for 4-6 hours.
- Approximately 1 lb of chicken breasts. I slice these, but I don’t worry about making small pieces. They will become tender and naturally pull apart.
- Chopped veggies: celery, onion, and carrot. I like to buy a pre-chopped veggie cup at Trader Joe’s. I just dump them in the pot! This is approximately 1/2 cup- 1 cup of each veggie. The portion sizes are ultimately up to you!
- 1 can of coconut cream. Savoy is the best!
- 2 tablespoons of curry powder. I use the simple Curry Powder from Trader Joe’s or Siva’s Madras Curry Powder, which includes a mix of spices. You can find this and many other flavors at Shoreline Central Market. Curry Powder is the way to go. It’s very concentrated, cheaper, and has great flavor. It also isn’t going to have the extra sugar and additives that you will find in pre-made sauces. Let the natural flavors sing for themselves.
- Water as needed…depends on how runny you like it. I might add around 1/2 cup- 1 cup, but no more.
- Salt to taste.
Of course, you can experiment with your own version! You can mix up the vegetables, curry, and meat you choose. Ultimately, I think the most important part is using a great coconut cream and curry powder.
I’ll upload a picture soon!